Thursday, December 2, 2010

Peterpanarchy

I am still in this phase where I look like I am still in my 20s, passably, and I can most easily relate to people in their 20s or late teens over the boring compromising hypocrites my age with their sad little hobbies and their domestic "bliss." And it's like one of those movies -- if I ever get out of that phase I will all of a sudden age those decades INSTANTLY -- and you'll be like, the revolution is happening, Noel, and I'll be like, oh no, what will that do to my 401k? Or, oh, I can't come to the communal melding of minds into one godlike being, guys, the wife says it's romantic movie night. But would you like to see some pictures of my kids while I drone on about every thing they do like it is seriously the most fascinating event in human history? I would hope someone would have the decency to put me down. I have done everything I could while I was younger to sabotage that future before it could happen by accident. Dropped out of college. Burned bridges. Drove away anyone dumb enough to want to mate with me. Drifted from shitty job to shitty job. No stability. No comfort. Which is what happens: they get comfortable and their minds shut off. And they get old.

No comments: